Aging is accompanied by a diminishing quantity of collagen in the upper layer of the skin, the dermis. The skin loses flexibility and its ability to retain moisture – therefore becoming drier and thinner as the body’s natural regeneration processes slow. Photoaging compounds these effects, since harmful UVA and UVB rays in sunlight produce enzymes that break down the skin’s supportive structure and prevent formation of new collagen. Cell activation tests show that Omnilux revive2™ and Omnilux plus™ have specific and unique cell stimulation patterns acting to photobiomodulate cell function and rejuvenate the skin.
Omnilux delivers a unique method of light-only skin rejuvenation by alternating wavelengths of 633nm (Omnilux revive2™) and 830nm (Omnilux plus™). Independent clinical studies on Omnilux reported a 75% improvement in skin smoothness and a statistically significant reduction in periorbital wrinkles. In addition, patients report lighter and brighter skin, reduced dyschromia, and overall global texture improvement.
The latest addition to the Omnilux family is the Contour FACE. Medical grade and FDA-cleared for medical indications – the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles, the Contour mask delivers two wavelengths of LED light — red (633nm) and infrared (830nm) in a single treatment session to provide the full rejuvenating and anti-aging benefits of both proven wavelengths. [Read More]
How it Works: Omnilux revive2 red light is absorbed in the cellular mitochondria and stimulates ATP production leading to increased cellular action potential and enhanced cell vitality. The 633nm light emitted is potently absorbed by fibroblasts, with a subsequent increase in the speed and efficiency of neo-collagen synthesis. Turnover of aged collagen and elastin fibers results from light stimulation of metalloproteinases (MMPs).
Omnilux plus 830nm light acts synergistically with Omnilux revive2 light to achieve optimum efficacy in photo rejuvenation. Omnilux plus is strongly absorbed within fibro-myocytes promoting alignment and increased tone in the newly produced collagen bundles. The composite effect leaves the skin fuller and tighter in appearance. Light-stimulated neo-vascularization in the treatment area means greater perfusion to the skin, increased oxygenation and removal of toxins and a more glowing residual appearance.
Skin rejuvenation with Omnilux offers an excellent non-invasive option, with the following benefits:
- No patient downtime or pain
- Continued reduction in facial wrinkles and skin furrows even after completion of the light therapy course
- Safe for all skin types
- Easy to learn, easy to use
- Optimized light heads which use clinically proven wavelengths
- Results demonstrated in many published clinical studies
- Sadick N; ‘A study to determine the efficacy of a novel handheld light-emitting diode device in the treatment of photoaged skin.’ J Cosmet Dermat 2008 Dec;7(4):263-7
- Lee SY et al; ‘A prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blinded, and split-face clinical study on LED phototherapy for skin rejuvenation: Clinical, profilometric, histologic, ultrastructural, and biochemical evaluations and comparison of three different treatment settings.’ Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology 88; (2007): 51–67
- Kim JW; ‘Clinical trial of Non thermal 633 nm Omnilux LED array for renewal of Photoaging: Clinical Surface Profilometric Results.’ Journal of the Korean society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. Vol 9: 1; 69-76
- Russell B et al; ‘A study to determine the efficacy of combination LED light therapy (830 nm and 633 nm) in facial skin rejuvenation’. – Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy volume 7 issue 3/4
- Lanigan S et al; ‘A Single-Blinded Randomised Controlled Study to Determine the Efficacy of Omnilux Revive Facial Treatment in Skin Rejuvenation’. – Lasers in Medical Science (Springer) July 2005, Volume 20 Number 1